Monday, September 12, 2011

Unusual sewing attachment ...


For many years I've been trying to find reference about an item I found amongst some sewing bits & pieces I bought (above left). A general concensus amongst family & friends was that it was something from the garden shed that had found its way into a sewing box I'd bought! For me, it reminded me of a sewing gadget I had ... known as a 'Singercraft Guide' (above left) & used for rug making. I kept it amongst my things & thought that one day 'all would be revealed'. It was ... yesterday on the Internet whilst 'trawling' I found my reference I'd hoped would appear: it's a Hemstitching Fork sewing attachment/accessory. If you'd like to know more about it have a look here:
... it's also a great blog for anyone with an interest in old Singer machines or who has their old sewing attachments.