Monday, July 22, 2013

Patchwork & Embroidered Waistcoat: Step 8 - Toile fits OK ...


Met with my customer last week & she was delighted with the waistcoat. The ' lining/toile ' above fitted perfectly & she loved the idea of its reversiblity. We decided to lower the neckline a little (to show off the blouses under it), raise the side slits & shorten by around 2"/5cm. I also may add some machine embroidery along the yoke panels to match those of the main waistcoat.

A 'problem' is going to be the fastening as being reversible you can't really use standard buttons & buttonholes. I may decide to make some unusual buttons & then adapt them to be like cuff-links. I've done this before & it works well. I'm also thinking of making some ' patchwork buttons ' - although no definite idea yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment